We can’t believe it, 2016 is already here!! The start of a new year is usually a time for people to make New Year Resolutions. Whether it be to lose weight, be more patient or quit smoking, most resolutions fall by the way side by Valentines Day. This year, instead of setting New Years resolutions try setting goals instead.
Did you know only 8% of people will achieve a New Year’s Resolution? – Forbes Magazine
Why choose a goal instead?
New Years resolutions tend to be sweeping statements and often a large chunk of a goal which can be intimidating and often easily disregarded. Goals are much easier to swallow, if done correctly and follow the SMART Goals method. Read more on SMART Goals.
Need some goal inspiration? Ask yourself the below.
- If you chose to challenge yourself, what would you aim for?
- What do you want more of in your life?
- What do you want less of in your life?
- If you were to look back one year from now, what do you want to have achieved?
- What are three things that would make a difference in your life?
- What do you want to accomplish this year?
- What’s one change you could make that would give you more peace/calm?
- What is one thing you would love to do before you die?
Remember to make your goals specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely – now that’s smart!