Instructor greatness is at the core of our business. Methods to further elevate Les Mills instructors as leaders in the industry are in constant development. In 2018 we are excited to introduce a new approach to initial module training.
From January 1 all initial modules will move from a 2-day format to 3-days. Day 3 being Certification day. This exciting development means a Pass after Day 3 and you walk away a fully qualified Les Mills instructor. In addition to the third day, initial module training will also include:
More face-to-face time for the important stuff
For particular subject matter face-to-face time with your Trainer is priceless. In order to increase this face-to-face time we have isolated certain components and made them in to videos for pre-module learning. For example, how to read choreography notes and basic technique (program specific).
This means when you get to the module you’ll already have some understanding of the aforementioned and your Trainer will simply summarise the pre-learning then utilise the freed up time to explore and practice technique, coaching and connection.
At the end of Day 2, you will receive an action plan to highlight the key areas you need to work on in preparation for Certification.
Walk away certified
Day 3 of your initial module training will take place 8-weeks after days 1 and 2. Day 3 is Certification day. You will present 3 different tracks and receive live feedback from your Trainer. Pass day 3 and you walk away Certified. No need to submit videos.
- Days 1 & 2 are similar to how they are right now with the addition of the pre-learning freeing up Trainer time to explore other more complex subject matter
- Day 3 is 8-weeks later and is your Certification. When you book in to Training you are automatically booked in to all 3-days
- A result is only given after Day 3: Pass or Re-sit
- 3-day modules will commence as of 1 January, 2018
- The release you did on Days 1 & 2 will be the same release for Day 3. This is irrespective of a new release during this period of time